Thursday, June 20, 2013

Veggie Quesadilla at The Movies at the Spring Hotel

So if you're ever in Chennai, and want to grab a bite, there are many places I could recommend - but in this post I'm covering a gem I discovered very recently called "the Movies" at the Spring Hotel. The movies is open 24/7 and offers a wide variety of dishes that could tempt any discerning foodie. The decor is based on the theme of movies, so the place is a bit dim on the lighting, but don't let that put you off! The food is DELIGHTFUL!

I was really not very hungry, so I ordered a quesadilla. Now I have had some HORRIFYING experiences in the past with dry, rubbery, even cardboardy quesadillas. The problem with quesadillas is that people just don't seem to care about them. It needs to be stuffed, but not too stuffed; firm, but not too firm; cheesy, but not too cheesy... it's a delicate balancing act that most restaurants just don't care about.

So when I ordered it, I sent up a silent prayer to the Gods that be, and BOY did they listen! The Quesadilla served up was a true delight! Chock-full of veggies (including cauliflower, broccoli, assorted bell peppers, beans, carrots, onions and peas) tossed in a piquant red sauce, held with a nice mild cheese, enveloped in a thin (yet sufficient!) flour tortilla and last (but certainly not the least!) partnered with a spicy hot salsa! This is the quesadilla I've been dreaming about for all these years!



Oh my God! It was brilliant! I had asked and the food Gods (or rather, Chef Raja Ramaswamy!) had delivered. I was estatic!

Item: Veggie Quesadilla
Price: Rs 180
Restaurant: The Movies at the Spring Hotel
Address: 11, Kodambakkam High Rd, Taylor Estate, Kodambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600034
Phone: 044 4050 9999
VFM: TOTALLY!
Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment